The FarmTRX System is equipped to publish data to Climate FieldView via the FieldView Drive, so farmers can get their yield data directly into FieldView and watch live yield mapping on the go by powering the Drive using the FarmTRX Yield Monitor.
We have made our hardware backwards-compatible, so operators with a Yield Monitor version 1.0 or 2.0 have the ability to power FieldView in the cab by purchasing some additional hardware.
Steps to FieldView Hardware Compatibility for Yield Monitor 1.0 Operators:
- Consult the Yield Monitor Central Power Unit (black box) to confirm it is version 1.0. If the power unit features the above label, has a connector for the Primary Wiring Harness and the GPS Antenna then it is a Yield Monitor 1.0.
- If the power unit features a status LED on the upper right corner of the front face, it is a Yield Monitor 2.0. Visit the solution article How to Connect to Climate FieldView™ with a Yield Monitor 2.0 for further steps.
- Navigate to the FarmTRX Webstore to purchase the FieldView Compatibility Kit, containing:
- Yield Monitor 1.0 Primary Wiring Harness with CAN Adapter (P/N 11111-2)
- FieldView Adapter Cable (P/N 11216-1)
- Confirm your Yield Monitor is hardware version 1.06 by:
- Connecting to the Yield Monitor via the FarmTRX Mobile App
- Navigating to the Advanced Settings page under Main Menu
- Look under System Info – if the hardware version of the Yield Monitor is 1.03 or 1.04 you
will need to contact FarmTRX Support at firstname.lastname@example.org (1-800-991-5136) to get
set up with an upgrade.
Ability to connect to FieldView from the FarmTRX System requires the user to own a FieldView Drive available for purchase through Climate.
All users must ensure they are running version 4.11 or later of the FarmTRX Mobile App in order to connect to FieldView.
Steps to FieldView App Connectivity for FarmTRX Operators:
In the FarmTRX Mobile App...
- Perform a sensor calibration under the Device Calibration screen of the mobile app. The calibration will record the dimensions of your clean grain elevator paddles. This should be completed once per season or if you swap or tighten your elevator chain.
- Set the Time Delay in the app by navigating to the Device Calibration screen and tapping Edit Delay under the Processing Time Delay section. This is the time it takes for grain to travel from being cut to passing the elevator sensors, typically 10-14 seconds depending on the harvester.
- Set the header width by navigating to the Add/Edit Headers page.
- Confirm the test weight of the active crop is the same in both applications. In the FarmTRX
App, navigate to the Add/Edit Crops page, edit and change the weight if needed.
- If you are a new FarmTRX user, perform a crop calibration to ensure accurate live yield readings. Navigate to the Crop Calibration page and follow the on-screen directions.
In the FieldView Cab App...
- Setup your farm equipment by navigating to the Equipment page from the main menu, then press Add New Equipment. The FieldView Drive and Cab App do not receive header heights from FarmTRX.
- Set a Flow Sensor Lag to match the delay in FarmTRX.
Connect the FieldView Drive and Cab App
- Open your device settings to Bluetooth®, click Connect when the FieldView Drive is detected.
- Open the FieldView Cab App, go to Settings > Devices > Tap to Connect
- When a green checkmark appears indicating successful connection, activate the combine under
Equipment> Locate Combine > Set Active
- Set the crop type within the Harvesting Crop box. If the box does not automatically appear tap
- Begin harvesting!