Calibration is performed in the FarmTRX Mobile App and should be performed once per crop type per year for best results.
Follow these steps to perform a calibration run:
- Navigate to the Crop Calibration page of the main menu of the FarmTRX mobile app.
- Select the crop you are harvesting and check the boxes. To perform a calibration run you will need to be able to get an accurate volume and/or weight measurement of the crop being harvested.
- The calibration run will begin.
- After the appropriate amount of time has elapsed, press the checkmark to complete the calibration.
- If you are calibrating by volume (hopper-full, truck-full etc.) enter the known harvested volume under the Volume tab. If you are harvesting by weight (weigh-wagon or scales) enter the known weight under the Weight tab. If you are using both (elevator ticket) enter the known volume and weight under the Elevator tab. If the moisture is known, add it as well.
- Press Complete.
- Check to apply the calibration to the previously harvested acres.
You can perform as many calibrations as desired. To add a crop variety with it's own calibration, go to the Add/Edit Crops page of the app main menu and click Add a Crop.
If a calibration cannot be performed before harvesting, you can calibrate within the Web Application after the fact. Follow the instructions laid out in Post-Harvest Calibration.